Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fantasy 50

It's February already and as the five of you who are following my blog can tell, I simply don't have "blogging talent."
I am, however, writing today as it is a day worth remembering. Today is my last day in this half of a century of living. My last day as 49. Tomorrow, if I awaken in the morning, I will have lived a total of 50 years.
I think that one has to take note at 50....what have I done in half a century? Have I earned my place on this planet? Will this be the midway point in my life or will it be just a year or two short of the finale?
I think I have done good during these 50 years. I guess one would have to ask the people in my family if their world is a better place because of me being in it. I believe most would say yes.

I still have a list of things I want to do. It's not a bucket list. It is a fantasy list.
Some of you who are reading this know about things on my list.
Amazing at 50 that the list is longer than it was at 40.

I do not want to sky dive. I do not want to go deep sea fishing. I do not want to be an astronaut. I do not want to win the lottery.

But my list..my fantasy list...is a long one. And if you are reading this blog....you probably know that you are on my list in some way.

Cheers and may all your fantasies come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment