Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's Here!

I came home last night to a huge box filled with weeks and weeks worth of optifast! Chocolate and strawberry shakes and tomato soup. Woohoo! I had my last meal....a wonderful Indian dinner of baingan bharta and rice, a combination late meal feast and mourning meal. I will revisit Indian food in 8 weeks. Sigh.

One optifast tasty shake down and only 279 left to go before I am svelt and sexy. Not too bad actually. One packet of delicious chocolate powdery chemical filled stuff, 2 tbs of luscious benefiber and 8 oz of sparkling clean filtered water and crushed ice making a smooth cool chocolate shake. Every dieter's dream!

I read through the information from the Emory Bariatric clinic. I shall quote, "It's always helpful to know what to expect when making a change in your life. Listed below are the physiological and psychological changes you might experience during your first weeks on the program..."
"fatigue, dizziness, dry mouth, headache, food cravings, bad breath, dry skin, brittle nails or hair loss, muscle cramps, frequent urination, constipation, diarrhea (a bit oxymoronic don't you think?), minor illnesses and (the best one)...... other (please refer to the informed consent materials provided)(if that doesn't scare the shite out of you??)

All I can say is, "I can't wait!"

Now...the following pages have suggestions for activities to participate in to avoid eating. Mountain climbing is a great suggestion. Like THAT is going to happen. But my current activity that is keeping me very occupied is fighting the flea jungle. My dogs are walking flea factories. I can not get rid of these horrible eternally frustrating creatures. Why they were created in the first place is truly a mystery. They serve no earthly purpose other than to make the manufacturers of Frontline and Advantage, rich.

Suggestions please? I have sprayed the yard with two types of insect killers every 3 weeks throughout the summer. I have used Frontline and Advantage on all the animals. I have given them flea baths weekly. I have sprayed the carpets and bedding. I have had the carpet cleaning, super deep cleaning men, come out to my house and clean all the carpets. Twice. I have flea combed the dogs daily, never finding fewer than 20 fleas combined on the dogs. I have tried herbal and chemical methods on ALL surfaces. What the hell...o are these fleas eating to keep them alive? If humans drink from the flea fountain of life and youth, would we live forever as well?

I just checked. I still have all my hair. My nails are still intact. I do not have diarrhea. I am not any dizzier than I usually am. Vomiting was not in the list. It is most likely the side effect that I will experience. Having a very hard time keeping this optifast down.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment